1. Noyonika Chatterjee
Noyonika has been the queen of the ramp for over a decade. She was one of the first models to break the stereotype of light-skinned models. Till today, her warm complexion is her biggest asset. She not only walks the ramp but also trains new models and choreographs shows. They have become much more than people who represent the vision of the designer. Today, a model is a brand in herself and represents the fashion fraternity as a whole. Here are the Top 10 female models who have completely transformed the face of the Indian fashion industry.
2. Nina ManuelShe was a part of the new wave of dusky models who were taking the fash frat by storm. She is one of the most celebrated models in the country today owing to her blessed looks and potential.
3. Madhu SapreMadhu Sapre scandalised the nation when she had a naked photoshoot with co-model Milind Soman. She was one of the boldest models and was catalytic in bringing about a revolutionary change in the perception of models in India.
4. Sheetal MallarSheetal beat Madhu Sapre to win the Femina Look of the Year in 1994 and there was no looking back for her post it. After her stay on top for years, Sheetal bid adieu to the ramp last year.
5. Diandra SoaresDiandra was probably the first bald model to ever be seen on the runway. Huffington Post described her as the most beautiful bald model ever seen. Her knack for being passionately different led her to the top of her game.
6. Bipasha BasuBefore she became an actress, Bipasha was a top-notch model. She won the Gladrags Supermodel Hunt early in her career and was one of the most sought after models of her time. She reportedly got bored of modelling which is why she moved on to acting and found success there too.
7. Nethra RaghuramanThis South Indian beauty has been a prominent face on the ramp and the tele screens for years. Shehas worked in several acclaimed movies but her first love remains modelling and fashion lovers will never complain.
8. Ujjwala RautUjjwala Raut can be called the most successful model in terms of international acclaim. Having walked the ramp for Roberto Cavalli, Dolce and Gabbana, Gucci, Valentino, Oscar de la Renta and Victoria's Secret, Ujjwala is the most recognised Indian face on the international fashion scene.
9. Carol GraciasHer beautiful complexion commands admiration whenever she struts down the runway. She showed the world her professionalism with the way she handled her infamous wardrobe malfunction. Till date, her presence at any show adds class to it.
10. Jesse Randhawa
Jesse is also known as the runway tigress. Her magnanimous presence at the ramp overshadows all others. Married to choreographer Sandeep Soparkar, Jesse has also evolved to become a great dancer. Modelling or dancing, Jesse knows how to do it best.